I am dissatisfied with the segmentation results for the basal ganglia as
compared to the cortex. If the cortex is segmented well, the posterior part
of the putamen and the thalamus are mostly attributed to white matter.
Vice-versa, if the basal ganglia are well segmented, there is too much grey
matter in the cortex. I am sure I am not the first to notice this.

Is there any way (either curreently implemented or in future plans) to solve
this problem? For example: one could select a cube around the basal ganglia
and then segment that separately from the cortex, and recombine the images
later ....

Stefano Marenco, M.D.
Senior Staff Fellow, NIMH, CBDB
Bldg 10 room 4S235