Yes, there is an error in the dimension of the images, that happened while
reorganizing the original GE images with medx. Thanks for catching that. I
will let you know how it turns out. Stefano

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Smith [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] segmentation from 2 channels

Hi Stefano.

> I am attempting to do a segmentation starting from 2 channels, a proton
> density weighted and a T2 weighted image, but I get too much grey matter
in
> places where white matter should be. Steve, I am now working from the same
> images I sent you recently. I was able to extract the brain, and after
noise
> reduction the images look much better. Also, registration of either image
> a T1 weighted image acquired on a 3T scanner (rather than 1.5), does not
> work well at all, when T1 weighted images from 1.5 register fine. Which
> parameters should I play with in the advanced options for registration to
> have this work? Any suggestions? Stefano

Hi - when I tried registering the brain-extracted versions of the images
that you sent (including the T2-weighted) to a high res that I have from
the 3T here these work fine with the default FLIRT settings.  You may be
having problems due to the fact that I think your slice thickness is set
too small in your images - it needs increasing by around a factor of 1.5?
If you can't get this to work ok then feel free to email me the reference
image you are working with.

Thanks, Steve.