Dear Paul & All,

Paul said "you can't please everybody all the time and we all have to make a few compromises for the common good".  We shouldn't be compromising on the clarity of procedure.  Page B18 of the SMR Guidelines is not particularly clear.  Who or which working party do we submit candidate terms to ?  What feedback will we get ?  How long will the working party take to make a decision ?  Jason in his e-mail points out a number of other procedures he uses.  How do these relate to Page B18?  It's not that I'm not pleased with the development of standard word lists, but I want a simple standard procedure with feedback which allows a clear understanding of how and when terms will get into the word lists, and a formal acknowledgement of incorporation (or not as the case may be).

Cheers
Neil

      WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information
that is confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not
necessarily the view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.