I am researching identity politics in 'black' British films made during the 1980s and am currently looking at the representation of cricket in film as a metaphor of cultural/national/racial difference and conflict. I know this is a wide (and some might say a little odd) area, but if anybody can give any comments or point out any interesting essays, books, films and other reference material regarding the cultural politics of sport in film, I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks,

Jonathan
Jonathan Wright

Lecturer in Cultural Studies & Mass Communications
Department of Applied Social Studies
London North Campus
London Metropolitan University

Tel:  ++44(0)20 76072789 [5000]
Fax: ++44(0)20 7753 5763

Please note change of email: [log in to unmask]