From: "Jacqueline page" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: The Man Who Lies

I suggest reading works by Michel Chion, the French film sound theorist,
especially "La Musique au cinema", which is not published in English
translation but I have translated the middle section for my on-going
doctoral thesis (contact me if it would be of use to you).  Claudia Gorbman
has translated his works Audio-Vison, Sound on Screen, and The Voice in
Cinema, which would also be useful.  Claudia Gorbman's book "Narrative Film
Music" would also be very useful.

Jacqueline Page
University of Surrey Roehampton