Damian,

sorry I have disappointed you. I never said that either PoMo or Santa Claus
didn't exist: the posts on this and many more lists confirm the existence of
PoMo, and thousands of turists coming to Lapland can do the same for Santa
Claus. You would be surprised to find that I even agree with and find useful
some writers that are put under the PoMo umbrella . So when you say:

I don't agree with many definitions of P-M, but I can't deny that it does
exist - even if only in the minds of cultural critics. This is important if
only because those critics are teaching (or being read by) the current and
next generation of artists, filmmakers etc.

I can only agree with you. But when you write that:

P-M critique doesn't try to explain all current culture as
P-M, so why do you (and others) suggest that in does.

I can only disagree. Ruth has nicely summarised some of the classic PoMo
views. The bottom line is: the PoMo is something one cannot escape, no
matter what one is doing, no matter where one is living. Wish I could find
that idiotic Zizek's article (written after the shelling of Buddhas) arguing
that Taliban government is a postmodern government. Of course, I strongly
disagree with this kind of generalisations, just as you do. But you cannot
pretend that many PoMo writings to not tend to embrace the whole Universe
into the PoMo lap.

This might disappoint you just as the rest of my PoMo postings. But then it
is enought to change the subject - to my and many other's joy.

Cheers,

Boris Vidovic