Dear all,

We are investigation several sites to locate old mineshafts. The mining
information available confirms the existence of the shafts but the exact
location, method of treatment on abandonment and current condition are
unkown. To complicate matters, some of the sites have been landscaped and
in some cases the original ground surface is situated below railway
embankments up to 8m high. We are considering using a combination of
intrusive ground investigation and geophysical techniques but are not sure
of how successful we will be.

 If you have been involved in this type of work and would like to share
your experiences (good or bad) then please let me know.I would appreciate
any comments you may have.

Regards,

Mahmoud I Alsayed

First Consulting, Quay Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow G73 1LD, UK
Tel. +44 (0)141 335 5300
Fax +44 (0) 141 335 5301
Email [log in to unmask]