Date:         Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:48:59 +0000
Sender:       Marine Mammals Research and Conservation Discussion
From:         Carolina Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      volunteer position
To:           [log in to unmask]

>Hi. I am currently working on my masters thesis with spotted
dolphins in the
>Pacific Coast of Panama. The aims of the project are to
estimate the
>population size (photo-ID) and to determine their
distribution. This is the first time this population is studied, so no
publications are available yet. I need a
>field assistant to work from as soon as possible until the end
of june 2002.
>I can cover accomodation and food, but not transportation. Some experience
>with wild
dolphins and
>basic spanish is required. Applications can be sent to
[log in to unmask] . Please shortly describe your experience and
additional
interests. Thanks,

>Carolina

Carolina Garcia

Marine Mammal Research Group
Marine Science Department
310 Castle St., Dunedin
University of Otago
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Permanent address:
Carrera 4 No. 71-61 apt. 1001
Bogota, Colombia
Tel: (571) 3458377
Fax: (571) 5447490 c/o Fernando Garcia, ARK
e-mail: [log in to unmask]