LTSN evaluation project: Students Online Learning
Experiences

Are you and your Economics department willing to
provide access to an Economics course that is using a
Virtual Learning Environment(VLE)eg Blackboard, WebCT, COSE
etc? We need to gather data for an evaluation study that is
investigating students use of VLEs. The study involves five
different subject areas, including Economics and hopes to
gather evidence of effective VLE use within Economics as
well as generic evidence from the whole project. We then
plan to make evidenced-base guidance available to assist in
the use of VLEs.

What's required:
- a new unit/module,level 1 Economics, starting
February/March that is using a VLE
- students on this unit should preferably have no or little
previous experience of working in a VLE environment
- access to these students and staff involved for
interviews etc
- access to transaction data from the VLE

If you are willing to give us access to your course, or
would like to know more please reply to

Many thanks

Ros

Ros O'Leary
Deputy Director Economics LTSN
Institute for Learning & Research Technology
University of Bristol
8-10 Berkeley Square
Bristol
BS8 1HH

Tel: +44 (0)117 928 7151
Fax: +44 (0)117 928 7112
Email: [log in to unmask]

Chris Mitchell, Economics LTSN,
Institute for Learning and Research Technology,
University of Bristol,