> <------with apologies for cross-posting------->
> Curriculum Online Countdown continues!
> Digital Content Seminar
> Victoria Park Plaza, Victoria, London SW1V 1EQ
> Monday 28 October 2002
> Curriculum Online - What is it?
> Curriculum Online is an exciting new educational service paving the way towards a new generation of innovative, media-rich learning resources. It offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to achieve step changes in teaching and learning by delivering high quality digital learning material directly into the classroom. It is being developed through a unique partnership between government and industry to create a new market place bringing together users, suppliers and materials. An independent showcase for all educational digital resource providers, it is provider independent, offering teachers a reliable one-stop shop for certified resources, searchable by Key Stage, subject and topic.
> Why get involved?
> Curriculum Online will provide major opportunities for all those involved in education to benefit not only from the overall investment we are making in educational Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) - £1.8bn from 1998-2004 - but also from the specific resources available to schools to purchase public and private sector products showcased though the portal - £50m to be made available to all schools in England for the school year 2002/2003.
> This same opportunity is available to public sector organisations who also want to encourage the use of their freely-accessible materials in schools. Curriculum Online will be a key tool for teachers in encouraging the use of all types of electronic learning resources > ->  either on CD-ROM or Online.
> What do you need to do?
> All content providers will be required to register to become Curriculum Online registered content providers. There are parallel arrangements for retailers also. Details of how the registration process will operate are available at http://register.curriculumonline.gov.uk <http://register.curriculumonline.gov.uk/>  . Content providers are required to self-certify and tag the digital resources they wish to appear on the portal in line with the guidance contained at the above site and on www.dfes.gov.uk/curriculumonline. By special agreement with DfES, registered museums, publicly funded archives and public libraries already meet the > '> due diligence> '>  criteria to be included in Curriculum Online.
> How can we help you?
> [...]

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential.   If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   It is intended solely for the addressee.   Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and any attachments from the system.