Dear Diversity List members,

As said in the message on this list on the 11th Jan, the
Diversity Council will be holding a two-day meeting on
March 14th and March 15th. The first day's meeting will be
to agree the final constitution of the DC and to hold
elections for the officers of the DC. The second day will
be a seminar to celebrate the first birthday of the
Diversity Council, and our establishment as a bona fide
group which will then be able to apply for full group
status of the LA/CILIP. If we fulfil the LA's criteria
for this status, we are hopeful that we may be able to be
accepted as a group at the first meeting of the new CILIP
in April.

This is an important moment, therefore, in the founding of
the DC and we hope as many people as possible will be able
to attend. Speakers on the 15th will include Professor
Ismail Abdullahi of Clark Atlanta University, Georgia, and
Mark Mason of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
This will be a high profile event and we would encourage all
who can attend this event to do so. Details of the venue
are still to be finalised but it will be held in London,
and full publicity will be disseminated widely as soon as
possible.

In the meantime, if you would like a letter from the
Library Association asking your management for your release
for the 15th March meeting (and/or the 14th too), please
write to: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Philip

Dr Philip Pothen