We have thrown around the idea of extended loans, but the decision was not
to go ahead with it.  Because students can renew as many time as they want,
as long as no-one else wants the book.
Plus if they did get longer loans they would still have to return if the
item was then reserved, so they wouldn't be able to keep it for any
different length as if they were renewing anyway.

There is the option of not fining dyslexic students, but obviously not
advertising this too much!!

We need to remember that the whole thing is about "equality" not giving them
something extra.  Plus I found that a lot of the students didn't want
"extra" services just the opportunity to be equal.

DISCLAIMER :  This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.  It
may contain confidential or sensitive information.  The contents are not to
be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised recipients
are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any
errors in transmission. If you have received this mail in error or have any
concerns about the content, please inform our Quality Team immediately at
[log in to unmask]  City And Islington College is an independent publicly
funded college incorporated under the Further & Higher Education Act 1992,
you can visit our website at http://www.candi.ac.uk.  Thank You