Hello all,

Suffolk County Council was awarded Beacon Council status under the theme of
Libraries as a Community Resource, for 2002-3. For those of you not already
familiar with this achievement, Suffolk was awarded this accolade as a mark
of excellent work within its library services.

Suffolk has already held one very successful open day to share information
with delegates with an interest in library services.

Our second event will be held on Wednesday 4th December 2002, at The Angel
Hotel, Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. The day will look at Suffolk County
Council's solutions to rural barriers. There will be a visit to three of our
rural library locations, which host our Library Links facilities and
workshops focusing on embracing the challenges of access in rural areas. The
event will run from 9.45am - 4pm and lunch will be included.

There is no charge for attending this event.

To reserve your place, or for further information, please contact Leena
Ghoshal on  01473 584013, or
e-mail me at [log in to unmask] ASAP. Spaces will be
limited.

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Best wishes,
Leena