On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:27:19 -0000, you wrote:

>Alas! Mervyn, I don't see how. As far as I can remember --(the Bill
>seems to have disappeared from
>http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm200102/cmbills/13
>1/2002131.pdf and not yet appeared as an Act)-- the Act allows personal
>copying only. Organisations that want to distribute the results still
>have to get clearance from copyright owners. It might allow individuals
>who have scanned books to make them available to an organisation like
>Bookshare, but the organisation would still need to get permission to
>distribute them to anybody else. And the publisher could still refuse.

Furthermore, this was the conclusion I came to after looking at it
closer, however, it would be interesting to see what the Techshare
paper will have to offer and any comments derived after the paper has
been given.  We certainly need such a service in the UK.

Andrew.
--
Andrew Hodgson, Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK.
Email: [log in to unmask]