Hi

We have had similar student cases here - however if they have recent
medical evidence / assessments stating that due to their condition they
may, at times be unable to attend some lectures and the LEA are aware and
support the student having a notetaker then we have allowed it.

I must say though, if it became a situation where a student is going to be
off for a long period of time then I would be inclined to discuss with the
department the possibility of them providing all relevant handouts and
lecture notes and save the DSA funds for when the student returns.

Carrie