I think the point isn't that you have no responsibility yourself, it is that
the duty of care applies equally to you.  In other words, to put it plainly,
it is a cop out for institutions to exclude or segregate Disabled People
because of their own inadequate health and safety arrangements.  Those
refuges don't seem safe to me in any case.  It is just that the truth bights
when there is the prospect of a fire fighter's strike.  It illuminates, or
brings into focus, the inadequacy of existing egress arrangements in places
where there are not systems in place to ensure the safe evacuation of all
building users - including Disabled People - which is, in my view,
ultimately the duty of those whose building it is.

Best Wishes,

Mike Higgins,
Email [log in to unmask]
Address: 1 Portland Court, Sheffield, S6 3EW, UK.
Tel (voice and, by prior arrangement, fax): +44 (0) 114 2258676
Mobile: +44 (0) 7956 856060