Hello All

I've been selfishly lurking around this list for ages. At last I've got
around to joining!

I am currently studying for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and
Development (CIPD) Certificate in Training Practice. For my main project, I
am investigating the IT training needs of Assessors here in Brighton with
the aim of supporting and promoting their continuing professional
development.

As part of this, I am gathering information about what other ACCESS centres
are doing about Assessors' IT training needs. Any information/materials you
could pass on by email or post would be very much appreciated. For example:-

Induction training plans for new assessors
Your Centre's policy on Assessor training (with an eye on Continuing
Professional Development)
Assessor competency checklist (might be used when observing & evaluating an
Assessment)
Details of any informal training provided
Training CD ROMs (wishful thinking!)
Any E-Learning used (more wishful thinking!
Any plans to introduce a training programme
Anything else you think might be useful

I know that NFAC has set up a Training Panel to develop Assessor training
but it hasn't really got started yet.

Thanks and kind regards
Susan Levy
IT Trainer & Resource Coordinator