We do the same here if the student is absent for disability related reasons.
Gets a bit of a problem if they are ill with something else. Cheers Liz
Maynard

-----Original Message-----
From: Dixon, Mary [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 1:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: note taking when student is absent

Hi Pat,

We don't have a stated policy to cover this, but we have certainly set a
precedent within our institution that note takers would continue to take
notes for a student to cover occasional absences.  If the absences were
protracted, this might have to be reconsidered, but I can't see a problem so
long as educational standards aren't compromised.

Mary