forwarded to me and originally posted to the [log in to unmask]
and liblicense-list at Yale. An interesting example of the lost access issue
- hopefully temporary but an illustration of a problem of interest to the
list.

Neil

> Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:12:59 EDT
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: High Performance Polymers
> Sender: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
>

> (Apologies for cross-posting)
>
> Under this subject Sharon Navas wrote on behalf of IOP on March 4, 2002:
>
> "... The sale of HPP included the sale of the electronic archive from
> Volume 3, 1991 to Volume 13, 2001.  Sage has assured IOPP that they will
> make the HPP archive, together with current content, available from 15
> March 2002."
>
> which was confirmed by Jane Makoff from SAGE on Mar 5 (via Liblicense-l
> and lis-e-journals, "High Performance Polymers - Message from SAGE
> Publications")
>
> "Regarding e-Access, IOP are continuing to host electronic files until the
> end of March 2002.  After this date access to current and all back issues
> will be provided through SAGE's usual intermediaries. There is no
> additional charge for access. Simply register with one of SAGE's
> intermediaries and then you will receive automatic access to the
> electronic files. Details are available on our website:
> www.sagepub.co.uk/ejournals."
>
> Unfortunately, to this date (a month later) Ingenta only has the files
> from vol. 11, 2 (March 1999) to vol. 13, 4 (December 2001). The files from
> 1991 to 1998 are missing. At the same time, these files have been deleted
> from the IOP Archive and are no longer accessible there. This is just the
> situation I had expected to arise. A longer overlap period would have been
> a better solution.
>
> I don't know about the status at other aggregators (EBSCO, Minerva, OCLC,
> RoweCom, Swets Blackwell).
>
> I hope SAGE can tell us when we can expect to get access to the full
> archive as promised.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernd-Christoph Kaemper,
> Electronic Resources Librarian, Stuttgart University Library

*******
Neil Beagrie                         JISC Digital Preservation Focus
Programme Director             Secretary, Digital Preservation Coalition
JISC London Office,              Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
King's College London          email:       [log in to unmask]
Strand Bridge House            url:
www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/
138 - 142, The Strand,          email list:
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/digital-preservation
London WC2R 1HH

*******