forwarded to the list by Justine Heazlewood

> Apologies for cross-posting
>
> Hello all
>
> The VERS (Victorian Electronic Records Strategy) website has been
> restructured and contains several new areas.
>
> The VERS Toolkit has been designed to help those who find themselves
> dealing with the issues of recordkeeping and information management in the
> digital age. The Toolkit is designed to help organisations and individuals
> understand VERS and how it works, and work toward VERS compliance using a
> simple step-by-step methodology, which is based on National Archives of
> Australia's DIRKS recordkeeping best practice system. It also contains much
> useful information on broader issues relating to electronic recordkeeping
> and looks at world solutions to the problem of electronic records
> obsolescence. The Toolkit has been designed to be extensible, and we plan
> to add more useful information to it on an ongoing basis.
>
> You can find the Toolkit here:
> http://www.prov.vic.gov.au/vers/toolkit/
>
> Public Record Office Victoria has announced a new Vendor Compliance Program
> for vendors who wish certification of their product(s) against the VERS
> Standard (PROS 99/007 Standard for the management of electronic records).
> For more information about the program:
> http://www.prov.vic.gov.au/vers/vendors/compliance.htm
>
> To go to the main VERS website:
> http://www.prov.vic.gov.au/vers/
>
> Feedback on the new site and its components is most welcome.
>
> Regards
> Justine
>
> Justine Heazlewood
> Manager, Electronic Records and Online Access
> Public Record Office Victoria (Australia)
> T +61 (0)3 9285 7938; F +61 (0)3 9285 7953
> E [log in to unmask]

*******
Neil Beagrie                         JISC Digital Preservation Focus
Assistant Director                Secretary, Digital Preservation Coalition
JISC London Office,              Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
King's College London          email:       [log in to unmask]
Strand Bridge House            url:
www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/
138 - 142, The Strand,          email list:
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/digital-preservation
London WC2R 1HH

*******