apologies for any cross-posting

from the padiforum-l list:

> > Following is a selection of some of the resources and events recently
> > added to the PADI website ( http://www.nla.gov.au/padi/ ).
> > We are always looking for new resources and welcome your contributions. If
> > you know of other resources you consider relevant to PADI, please inform
> > us by sending us an email at [log in to unmask] Alternatively, you might
> > consider registering as a PADI indexer to enable you to add the resource
> > to the database yourself ( http://www.nla.gov.au/padiupdate/ ).
> > ----------------
> > ----------------
> > Under the new topic LEGAL DEPOSIT:
> >
> > "Legal Deposit : Preserving Canada's Published Heritage"
> > ( http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/6/25/s25-200-e.html )
> >
> > "Legal Deposit In Denmark : The New Law and Electronic Products"
> > ( http://www.kb.nl/infolev/liber/articles/dupont11.htm )
> >
> > "Legal Deposit from the Internet in Denmark : Experiences with the Law
> > from 1997 and the Need for Adjustments" (in Word format)
> > ( http://www.deflink.dk/docalle/696_bnh-19062001-uk.doc )
> >
> > "Arrangement for depositing electronic publications at the Deposit of
> > Netherlands
> > Publications in the Koninklijke Bibliotheek"  (in PDF format)
> > ( http://www.kb.nl/kb/dnp/overeenkomst-nuv-kb-en.pdf )
> > ----------------
> > Under the topic ARCHIVING:
> >
> > "Preserving Scholarly E-Journals" provides an overview of questions raised
> > by the Mellon Foundation / CLIR initiative for the long-term preservation
> > of scholarly electronic journals
> > ( http://www.dlib.org/dlib/september01/flecker/09flecker.html )
> >
> > "Implementing a Reliable Digital Object Archive" describes the
> > implementation of a prototype digital repository, the Stanford Archival
> > Vault.
> > ( http://dbpubs.stanford.edu:8090/pub/2000-28 )
> >
> > "The CEDARS Project Report: April 1998 - March 2001"
> > ( http://www.leeds.ac.uk/cedars/OurPublications/cedarsrepmar01exec.html )
> >
> > "AOLA : Austrian On-Line Archive"
> > ( http://www.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/~aola/)
> >
> > "Archiving the Web: The PANDORA Archive at the National Library of
> > Australia"
> > ( http://www.nla.gov.au/nla/staffpaper/2001/cathro3.html )

> > ----------------
> > Under the topic DIGITAL PRESERVATION STRATEGIES:
> >
> > "Long Term Preservation Study" describes joint study undertaken by the
> > Koninklijke Bibliotheek of The Netherlands and IBM.
> > ( http://www.kb.nl/kb/ict/dea/ltp/ltp-en.html )
> > ----------------
> > Under the topic PRESERVATION METADATA:
> >
> > "Preservation Metadata and the OAIS Information Model:  Part I: A
> > Recommendation for Content Information"  (in PDF format)
> > ( http://www.oclc.org/research/pmwg/contentinformation.pdf )

> > ----------------
> >  Under PERSISTENT IDENTIFIERS:
> >
> > "Persistent Identification Systems : Report on a Consultancy Conducted by
> > Diana Dack for the National Library of Australia" .
> > ( http://www.nla.gov.au/initiatives/persistence/PIcontents.html )

> [...]

*******
Neil Beagrie                         JISC Digital Preservation Focus
Assistant Director                Secretary, Digital Preservation Coalition
JISC London Office,              Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
King's College London          email:       [log in to unmask]
Strand Bridge House            url:
www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/
138 - 142, The Strand,          email list:
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/digital-preservation
London WC2R 1HH

*******