apologies for any cross-posting

Dear all,

I thought this was quite an interesting issue on threats from a commercial
perspective with some examples from commercial and government users in the
USA.With thanks to Chris Muller for forwarding information on this month's
"About Legacy Coding" newsletter to the list.  See below.

Neil
Saving Private Asset
With apologies to Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Hanks.
Volume 4 Issue 5 - October 2002

Our legacy systems contain a wealth of value in both the business rules and
the data they contain. In this issue we focus on preserving that value in a
number of ways from some good lessons on preserving and transferring archived
data to real world lessons on platform migrations.
:  <A HREF="http://www.aboutlegacycoding.com/">www.aboutlegacycoding.com</A>

*******
Neil Beagrie                         JISC Digital Preservation Focus
Programme Director             Secretary, Digital Preservation Coalition
JISC London Office,              Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
King's College London          email:       [log in to unmask]
Strand Bridge House            url:
www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/
138 - 142, The Strand,                          www.dpconline.org
London WC2R 1HH              email list:
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/digital-preservation.html

*******