Those still at work and still interested in data protection may find the
following article from (and copyright of) Ananova news agency rather
disturbing:

"A 55-year-old woman says she thought she was going to die when plain-clothed
police officers smashed down her front door during a bungled drugs raid. The
officers even strip-searched a woman staying in a bedroom at the house before
leaving without an apology.  A team of six officers from Thames Valley Police
used a battering ram to smash through the door of Ms Langlais' house on the
Blackbird Leys estate in Oxford during an early morning raid.  However,
police had targeted the wrong house and have since apologised for their
blunder.  In a statement, Det Insp Rob Mason of Oxford Police said: "I wrote
to Ms Langlais and expressed our sincere apologies for mistakenly raiding her
home.  "We will of course make good any damage. I know this must have been an
extremely distressing situation, and for that we also offer our unreserved
apologies.  "It is normal practice under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act
to search individuals during raids. We are conducting an investigation to
establish why we targeted the wrong address.  "Mistakes of this kind are
highly unusual."  Ms Langlais, a security guard at Oxford University's
Westminster College, said she thought the officers were burglars as they
burst into her home in Angelica Close last Monday at 7.30am."

Inaccurate data?  Compensation for damages?  Aggravated damages for distress?

Ian Buckland
Managing Director
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information contained in this document does not replace or
negate the need for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is
essential that you do not rely upon any advice given without contacting your
solicitor.  If you need further explanation of any points raised please
contact Keep I.T. Legal Ltd at the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP
(Reg 3822335)