From: Neil Davidson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 April 2002 13:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Data disclosure

Hello, can anyone help,

A student here is putting us under pressure to release information about
them.  They want to know if their Student Loan cheque is  ready for
collection.  As confirmation of this would imply that the person is a
student here we normally ask that students come in with a copy of their
enrolment form.  If we ask the student to provide name, address, Student ID
number and Student Support Identification Number is this sufficient care to
enable us to provide this data.

Thanks

Neil Davidson
Academic Information Systems