From: "J. Kirsty Merrett, " <[log in to unmask]>Sender: [log in to unmask]
To: CSL
Subject: Re: [CSL]: Friendship/Kinship Articles

Hi Denise,

I am researching Virtual Communities so not so different to you!

Have you looked at Barry Wellman's social networks? He covers a lot of
groun on internet social networks. You've probably read him anyway, but
here's a link to his homepage.

http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman/main.html

Let me know if you want a research buddy to bounce ideas off.

Kirsty

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:46:43 +0100 John Armitage
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> From: Denise Carter <[log in to unmask]>To: CSL
> Subject: Friendship/Kinship Articles
> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:16:46 +0100
>
> Does anyone know of any articles on friendship particularly (or kinship
> = also). I am looking at social networks on the Internet from a Social =
> Anthropological viewpoint=20 thanks a lot
> Denise
>
> D.M.CARTER
> DOCTORAL STUDENT
> CASS
> UNIVERSITY OF HULL
> EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
> OR: [log in to unmask]

Distributed through Cyber-Society-Live [CSL]: CSL is a moderated discussion
list made up of people who are interested in the interdisciplinary academic
study of Cyber Society in all its manifestations.To join the list please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/cyber-society-live.html