> Aleksandar writes::

> >In absence of things like exception handling or assertions in Fortran
> >95, I am finding it hard to design good error-handling mechanisms. I
> >would appreciate any advice or pointers to good strategies from library
> >writers and others alike.

Hi
        I'd have hard times to have my F90/95 code (mostly in the form of Windows
DLL) to work with my fellow VB programmers' applications in terms of
exception handling.  With the restriction of using CVF and Windows systems
(set by my employer and clients), I decided to use a simple F90 library to
intercept anticipated errors and adapt the Windows Standard Exception
Handler (SEH) to handle those fatal errors that crash Fortran (thanks to
tons of legacy code I have to work with).
        Using a c-wrapper, both the above two types of errors can be intercepted by
the try-and-catch mechanism.  Then, the error message can be interpreted and
translated into both the Fortran and VB messages.  The former can be printed
to a error log text file while the latter can be passed back to VB error
logger via DOM (Document Object Model).  It is tedious but it help us a lot
for debugging and testings.
        Sorry if the above system-compiler specific solution may not meet your
needs.

Cheers

George
George K. Chang, P.E. Ph.D.