Dear members,

This is just to let you know the Caribbean Seminar at Kobe University, Japan,
was held on Sept. 12th, 'with much success'.  As the organizer of this special
seminar, I would like to report that this attracted a wide audience and we
counted more than double attendance than we had expected!  All present enjoyed
it very much.  We just use English, i.e., without translation into Japanese.
If you are interested in it, please see the attachment for the announcement.
We had a special guest, His Excellency, Haitian Ambassador in Japan, Mr. Duret,
who kindly gave us a brief speech on Haiti after the two speakers. I am happy
to share with those who would like to know more.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Yoshiko Shibata (Faculty of Cross-Cultural Studies, Kobe University, Japan)