Peter

my understanding is that all copies are compulsory _if_ demanded but is only
the case of the British Library that the onus is on the publisher to supply
without being asked. So the voluntary element in the case of the other
bodies is with those libraries.

But I'm sure Richard can clarify this.

Best

Dave