hello

i've been lurking on this list for a while, and it's now time to break my silence. it's an exciting moment for me, but there's also a quiet tenderness.

anyhow, i'm teaching a course on irish lit next january and am loading the first half heavily with modernists. but after beckett i get a bit stuck. i was wondering if anyone could suggest any 'neo-modernist' writers (or at least writers that build on the innovations of joyce/beckett) - otherwise it'll be a disappointing slide to roddy doyle and heaney.

i'll be very grateful for any ideas

many thanks

stuart allen