--On 11 September 2002 11:53 +0100 Spencer Jordan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Paul.
> Experience at UWE is that test server requires an additional 'test'
> license (I think $7,500 comes to mind).

Ok, thanks for that info. This is effectively, then, a hidden
cost because Blackboard's own documentation says something
to the effect that "you should not attempt to patch/upgrade
a production system ..... rehearse things on a test server".

> The initial 'kick-off'
> consultancy meeting was not presented as an option. However,
> we found it very useful.

Can you share with us what they charged for this? If it is
"not an option" then it is another important cost which might
be described as "hidden". I realise that UWE will not
have purchased under the terms of the deal recently
announced by CHEST.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: [log in to unmask]  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/