One of our course has been running regular test at the same time each week.
Until last week all the student submissions have gone without a hitch, but
this week the instructors had some problems.

We've been able to explain most of the problems, but two students are
adamant that they *did* submit the test and received their score, and yet
their marks are not recorded on the system!

One student took the test at home via dialup. The other took it in our
24-hour lab on campus. The only common factor is that they both submitted at
roughly the same time (9pm on Sunday) and that there had been some network
hiccups at the time. At the moment we don't know much more than that. Is it
possible for a test mark to be calculated and returned to the student but
*not* recorded in the system stats?

TIA, Nigel

Nigel Curson
Phone +44(0)1603 593931
Educational Adviser, Learning Technology Group,
CSED, University of East Anglia
www.uea.ac.uk/csed/about/staff/nigel_curson.shtml