Interesting point on internet access.

I've been testing a palm pilot for internet access, discussion
boards, course material. It is all possible and the start up costs are
lower compared to laptop/desktop. Although there are various design
issues that need to be accounted for.

I've not yet successfully accessed Blackboard courses. However, should
be relatively straight forward. The key problem will be the look and
feel - it will look terrible on a PDA because it's not designed for a
PDA.

Has anyone been working with PDA and Blackboard (excluding Blackboard
to Go)?

Andy

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 08:27:01 +0100
Katie Herson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas or experience in helping
> students save their phone bills by providing methods for them to work
> with
> BB materials offline.
>
> I could imagine a system a bit like the course archive feature for
> staff,
> where students could download a zip file of their course material for
> working with, without staying online - but I can't seem to find any
> references to people who are doing anything like this.
>
> On a related note - does anyone have any advice about how to cope with
> the
> issues of students' internet phone bills, or lack of internet access
> issues?
>
> Thanks
> Katie
>
> --
> Katie Herson
> Learning Technologies
> University of Brighton

Andy Ramsden
Learning Technologies Adviser - LTSS

Institute of Learning and Research Technology
Bristol University
8-10 Berkeley Square
Bristol
BS8 1HH