I worked out a neat little trick for an intro to my Blackboard course. As
you know you can write HTML for the announcements page, which will then
display in the Announcements area. I wrote a short piece of HTML which
contained my image and a welcome message, that I'd recorded as a .wav file,
as the background sound which played on loading. I then posted these two
files into documents, displayed their links and clicked on the links to find
out their filepaths. I then pasted the relevant file paths into my html for
the announcements page. The result is that when you open up my course you
have my image and a welcome message on the announcements page - which plays
automatically. It's not narcissism, but looking for ways to add some fun
functionality. I used the absolute urls for the two files, but found that it
works too if you strip them down to the relative addresses.

John Edmonstone
Cardonald College