Dear Barry,
The closest thing I have done was to fit pneumatic switches to a Hemco reclining chair. Possum subsequently connected to my box without difficulty.  The circuit from the chair was 24 Volt and incorporated 75mA switching diodes. I merely connected across the handset switch printed circuit positions on a spare circuit board that the manufacturers kindly gave me.

Regards
Richard

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/14/02 03:09pm >>>
Dear all
Has anyone succeeded in interfacing ECS to a Royams riser recliner chair?
The ECS supplier seems unable to provide an easy solution as there is logic
(of the minimal diode variety) in the handset.

Barry Taylor, Clinical Scientist
Bioengineering Department
Tulley Medical Physics Building, Hull Royal Infirmary
Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 2JZ
Tel 01482 675928, fax 01482 675750