Hi thanks for your note. Please keep us informed of the forthcoming advertisement. Thank you,
Lisa James,
Southampton Disability Equipment Assessment Centre
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Alan Turner-Smith
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 5:26 PM
Subject: Job in assistive technology

Advanced notice       (Apologies for cross-posting)
***************

Following an unexpected advance in the current post-holder's
career, we anticipate that we will shortly be advertising a
vacancy for a

RESEARCH FELLOW, COURSE COORDINATOR, OR LECTURER
IN ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY at King's College London

If and when we get clearance for this post from the College
the timescale for the appointment will be very short. So if
you would like to receive formal notification of the vacancy,
please respond to this message and we will make sure you are
informed as soon as possible.

The details may change, but we expect that the email
advertisement will be along the following lines:

"The lecturer will run the EPSRC-funded multidisciplinary
Masters course in Assistive Technology at the internationally
recognised Centre of Rehabilitation Engineering (CoRE).

"Assistive technology has an important role in the future
of our person-centred and ageing society. This job offers
exceptional prospects for the development of an exciting
career in a developing discipline.

"You will be working in a small, friendly multidisciplinary team
· to run and teach on the Masters course that we have developed,
· to initiate and to travel for national and European research,
· to develop a career in the field.

"Your job needs excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability
to communicate effectively at all levels and to different
professions. It demands an innovative approach, and energy
and willingness to set and meet your own work goals.

"Although active clinical involvement is not required, there
may be opportunities for regular clinical practice for
suitable applicants

"You must be of good academic standing and have experience in
one or more of the following areas
        Rehabilitation engineering / Assistive technology
        Therapy: Occupational therapy, or
                Physiotherapy, or
                Speech & Language therapy
        Disability,
        Course management, or
        Multidisciplinary education.

"The appointment is within the Professorial Department of
Medical Engineering & Physics and may carry an honorary
contract with King's College Hospital.

"Your salary will be on spine point 7 - 18, £22,604 - £34,671
per annum inclusive of London Weighting Allowance, depending
on experience. This post is available for 2 years in the first
instance, but the expectation is that it will continue
thereafter."

Dr Alan R Turner-Smith, Reader in Rehabilitation Engineering
Centre of Rehabilitation Engineering         www.kcl.ac.uk/core
Dept Medical Engineering & Physics
King's College Hospital,   Denmark Hill,   LONDON,   SE5 9RS
Tel: +44 (0)20 7346 1650               Fax: +44 (0)20 7346 1651