Dear all,

I am trying to brush up on my knowledge of electrical safety testing
requirements and Health and Safety etc.

I know that electrical equipment in the workplace is tested regularly using
the appropriate standards under the requirements of the Health and Safety at
work act etc.

I also know that medical electrical safety equipment is tested regularly to
EN60601 but I wasn't sure what legislation requires us to do this, is the H
and S act? Further to this if it is H and S act what regulations cover
equipment used in a community setting but still owned by Health Board?

Obviously I think routine electrical safety testing is best and accepted
practice but I wondered if anyone could shed some light on the legislation
so I don't have to trawl the internet and HSE for relevant info.

Look forward to hearing the replies.

Gareth Adkins B. Eng. MSc. PGDip IPEM.
Rehabilitation Engineer
Mobility and Rehabilitation Service