A month ago I confirmed that the ARLIS visit to Sculpture at Goodwood, West
Sussex, will take place on Saturday 11 May at 11am.  Thank you to those of
you who contacted me to book places, I'll be sending you your half-price
(£5) admission vouchers by email next week.  Do let me know during the week
before the visit if you haven't received one.

There's room for a few more people, so if the sunshine is tempting you to
get get out into the countryside at weekends, then do let me know.  To whet
your appetite, here's a description from the website www.sculpture.org.uk

"The showcase venue for Sculpture at Goodwood is Hat Hill Copse. These
grounds are part of an area of outstanding natural beauty in West Sussex
where carefully landscaped woodland reveals the countryside beyond, and,
within some twenty acres provides sites for around forty five pieces of
British Sculpture each uniquely commissioned by Sculpture at Goodwood. The
Foundation's sales successes result in a constantly changing display."

And in case you're wondering how relevant this is to art librarians:

Tom Flynn writing in Blains Newsletter:
"Sculpture at Goodwood has arguably done more to advance and promote
contemporary British sculpture to an international audience than any other
single endeavour. Founded as a charity by Wilfred and Jeanette Cass in 1992,
Sculpture at Goodwood is now recognised around the world not only as a
regularly changing display of ongoing sculptural activity, but as a rapidly
growing archive and educational resource relating to the development of
British sculpture. It has also become an invaluable resource for all those
wishing to commission British sculpture, with a wealth of experience in the
development and production of large-scale works."

Denise Raine
Librarian
Henry Moore Institute
74 The Headrow
Leeds  LS1 3AH
Tel 0113 246 9469

This message is confidential.  If you have received this message in error,
please contact the sender immediately by returning the e-mail or by
telephoning +44 (0) 113 246 9469.  Please then delete the e-mail and do not
disclose its contents to any person, to do so could be a breach of
confidence.

The Henry Moore Foundation does not accept liability for any virus
introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use
up-to-date virus checking software.

The Henry Moore Foundation is a limited company registered in England
(No.125762), registered charity (No. 271370) whose registered office is at:
Mitre House, 160 Aldersgate Street, London EC1 4DD

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and
may not necessarily reflect the views of The Henry Moore Foundation.