Anyone interested in filling out this questionnaire for architectural
press?
From: MacInnes, Katherine (REPP) & Alison Yates
replies to:
<[log in to unmask]>< [log in to unmask]>

Subject: Banister Fletcher - Art History market for...

Dear Gillian Varley,

I am trying to find out about how and why art historians use
Banister
Fletcher with a view to canvassing their opinions on what the next,
21st edition should be like.

Could you help me?

I did Art History at St Andrews in 1991 and have contacted them
but I really need to get a wider response.

I enclose a questionaire that we have sent to lecturers and
students.

Many thanks

Katherine MacInnes
Senior Commissioning Editor
Architectural Press

                Questionnaire on the Development of
                Sir Banister Fletcher's A History of
                            Architecture

Is the international coverage of the current edition appropriate
for a world-wide readership or are there geographical areas
missing which should be in a new edition?

Would a revised edition benefit from more emphasis being
given to some of the geographical areas already covered?

Are the illustrations of the 20th century architecture appropriate
and within Part 7 are the drawings effective for modern
architecture? If not, what are your recommendations?

What improvements and/or revisions would you like to see in a
revised or new edition and can you suggest who might be
willing to prepare such improvement/revisions?

How would you like to see the book developing both in terms of
content and format?

What do you regard as the principal and secondary markets for
this book?

For the student market, how would you expect the book to be
used (eg: as a main text; all first year; one of several texts;
supplementary reading; library only)?

What are the competitive books to a History of Architecture?
What are the relative merits of each?

Do you think there would be a market for also publishing the
sections as separate paperbacks?

We are considering a web based element to the book: do you
have any ideas for a commercially viable concept that would
complement rather than replace the book?

Please add any additional comments which you feel might be
helpful to us.

**** *********** The information in this internet eMail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access, copying,
dissemination or re-use of information in it by anyone else is
unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Reed Educational
&
Professional Publishing or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact Reed Educational & Professional
Publishing, Oxford, +44 1865 311366.