Thank you to those who responded last week to my request for comments from
users of the CALM database management system.  I was overwhelmed by the
instant response.  I was particularly pleased that my email was forwarded to
the CALM user group, so I received detailed responses from a special library
in Glasgow, the Castrol Information Centre and an invitation to see
Yorkshire Water's system in operation in Bradford!

Here are some of the points that were drawn to my attention:

The Tate Archive has recently selected CALM and is currently testing it.
INIVA, the Institute of International Visual Arts library uses CALM.
DS is marketing a new database called Amlib (might this be going to replace
CALM?).
CALM has an active and supportive user group.
The CALM helpdesk came under criticism (hadn't always been as helpful as
they could be).
The CALM manual isn't easy or helpful.
Long-standing users are happy with CALM, with a few niggles, although most
don't use all its features.

Denise Raine
Librarian
Henry Moore Institute