dear all

The Digital Preservation Coalition launched with a reception at the House of Commons last Wednesday. One of our objectives is advocacy on behalf of our members and raising awareness of digital preservation issues. Our members include PRO, NAS, Resource, PRO(NI), BL, CURL and JISC amongst others.

There  have been several press stories as a result of the PR campaign around the launch and coverage of electronic records issues including interviews with George MacKenzie Keeper National Archives of Scotland  and David Ryan Head of Archives at PRO.

There was a long article (half page) with photos in Sunday's Observer, a long piece in today's Independent  and another in today's Metro (posibly will be in Evening Standard too) amongst others.

See today's piece in the Independent for one of the best(journalism varies in quality and accuracy!) online at
http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=251093

The Coalition is aiming to retain the many strengths of digital information for access and public services whilst also addressing its long-term preservation. further information on the Coalition is available from:
www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/

Neil