apologies for any cross-posting

dear all

we are pleased to announce that the third quarterly issue of the DPC/PADI "What's New in Digital Preservation" (issue no.3 July-October 2002) is now available on the Digital Preservation Coalition website at
http://www.dpconline.org/graphics/whatsnew/index.html

I think What's New is getting better with every issue and is providing an indispensable snapshot and regular update on leading digital preservation activities worldwide.

The publication is a quarterly summary of selected recent activity in the field of digital preservation compiled from the Preserving Access to Digital Information (PADI) Gateway and the digital-preservation and padiforum-l mailing lists. In this quarter other sources have also been trawled and I would particularly draw your attention to a couple of articles in IEEE software.

We have also added a print friendly PDF version which may be particularly suitable for printing off and circulation within institutions.

Neil

Neil Beagrie                         JISC Digital Preservation Focus
Programme Director             Secretary, Digital Preservation Coalition
JISC London Office,              Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
King's College London          email:       [log in to unmask]
Strand Bridge House            url:            www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/
138 - 142, The Strand,                          www.dpconline.org
London WC2R 1HH              email list:  www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/digital-preservation.html