Sent: 17 August 2002 13:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reseach into online access and digitisation

Dear colleagues,

I am currently writing a research paper for Resource on issues relating to online access and digitisation. In doing so, I am keen to get the views of both professional and user communities.  This is a limited, informal telephone / e-mail survey, and is not looking to replicate the sort of detailed, quantitative analysis gathered by say, the PSQG or reports such as An Archival Domesday, but rather get a flavour of people's opinions, concerns and hopes for the future.

If you would like to participate (or have any general comments), please reply to me at [log in to unmask] or contact me on 07947 061373.

If you know of any archive / records users who would be willing for me to contact them (or vice versa) I would also be grateful if colleagues could pass on this message to them.  Since the research period is brief (I will be submitting the paper to Resource by September 2nd), I can only interview those responding in the next week or so.

Many thanks,
Nigel Rudyard