*** an announcement from The Association for Survey Computing.
*** Apologies for any cross-postings

            SURVEY AND STATISTICAL COMPUTING IV
       THE IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY ON THE SURVEY PROCESS

           The ASC’s 4th International Conference
          17-19 September 2003, Warwick University

     SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED PAPERS

Just a brief note to remind you that we're still accepting proposals
for contributed papers.

The central theme of the conference will be the Impact of Technology on
the Survey Process, and we are seeking contributions from producers,
consumers and commissioners of survey research alike. Although a
conference about technology, the topics to be discussed will appeal to
everyone with an interest in survey design, data collection, analysis,
reporting, or statistical computing.

Contributing speakers will address themed sessions taking place in one
of four, parallel streams and we are particularly seeking proposals
addressing the impact of technology in the following areas:

* The role of the survey professional
* Sampling and respondent recruitment
* Data capture
* Data analysis
* Information dissemination and discovery
* Software support for the survey process
* Quality and quality assurance
* Ethical issues
* Qualitative research

Proposals for contributed papers should be between 250 and 500 words in
length, and sent, preferably by e-mail, to the ASC Administrator
([log in to unmask]) to arrive no later than Friday, Jan 3, 2003. (please
note revised date)

For complete conference details, please visit our web site at:
      http://www.asc.org.uk

Many thanks.

randy

Please reply to:

     Diana Elder, Administrator ([log in to unmask])
     ASC, PO Box 60, Chesham, Bucks, UK  HP5 3QH
     tel/fax: +44 (0)1494 793033
     http://www.asc.org.uk

This message has been sent on behalf the ASC by:

     Randy Banks ([log in to unmask])
     Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)
     University of Essex, Colchester, UK CO4 3SQ