In order to seek statistical consensus on best confidence interval
methods and presentation of NNT statistics I asked for feedback on a
web-based calculator at:

http://194.205.65.119/statcalc/statcalc.htm

Thanks to all who replied.  The calculator has now been updated in
response to suggestions from Jon Deeks, Robert Newcombe and Chris Cates.

Full references are provided with the results given by the calculator.

The presentation could be improved by providing guidance customised to
levels of baseline risk.

Routines for meta-analysis based on risk ratio, risk difference or odds
ratio, with fixed or  random effects, are written and validated - I may
package these as web calculators in the future.  Early experimental work
includes stratified re-sampling in pursuit of 'bias-adjusted' pooled
estimates.

Any further feedback is welcome.

Iain Buchan
www.ukph.org/iain.htm