ASSOCIATE DIRECTORS - EDINBURGH AND LONDON

In order to continue the expansion of NFO Social Research we need highly
motivated and ambitious social researchers with a strong track record of
delivering quantitative and qualitative social research to clients in
central and local government, the voluntary sector and academic institutes.

NFO Social Research is the UK social research division of NFO WorldGroup,
the world's third largest ad hoc research company. We were formed by a
merger of System Three in Scotland and Public Attitude Surveys in England
and Wales. We provide high quality research and consultancy to clients in
the public and voluntary sectors. Our teams of researchers in London and
Edinburgh have experience and understanding of the social policy process
and aim to combine both the academic and traditional private sector
approaches to research. We work across a wide range of policy areas, but
have particular expertise in the areas of criminology, housing, educational
research, urban regeneration, rural affairs and labour market and lifelong
learning issues.

The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:

. expertise of both quantitative and qualitative research methods and data
analysis
. an strong track record of winning projects and delivering to timescales
and budgets
. people management skills
. excellent communication skills, both written and oral
. enthusiasm for the challenge of building a successful business
. experience of dealing with research and policy clients
. computer literacy and familiarity with relevant software packages (e.g.
SPSS, Word, Excel).

Please apply in writing, outlining how your skills and experience would
meet the requirements set out above, and attaching a current CV.  The
deadline for applications is 10 January 2003. Please send your application
to Steven Hope, Director, NFO Social Research, 19 Atholl Crescent,
Edinburgh, EH3 8HQ or email [log in to unmask] For further infor
mation and an informal discussion about the roles, please call Steven Hope
on 0131-656-4035 after 13 December.

Steven Hope
NFO System Three Social Research
19 Atholl Crescent
Edinburgh, EH3 8HQ

t. 0131-656 4035
f. 0131-656 4001

switchboard - 0131-656 4000

NFO System Three is a division of NFO WorldGroup

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential.
It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the
named recipient please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to another person or take copies.