Dear allstat users.

In a SAS program.
the procedure was as following:

proc genmod data=ADJUST;
        CLASS RID &X AGECAT4 BCSEASON BCBFEXCL BCGBCONI BCCROWD;
        model &Y/days= &X AGECAT4 BCSEASON BCBFEXCL BCGBCONI BCCROWD /
dist=poisson
        link=log;
        REPEATED SUBJECT=RID/type=exch;
        run;

where &y is a variable =1 if its an event and 0 if nonevent
and days is a person years of follow up.

and all the independent variables are numeric and no missing observations.
when I run the modle if the following log message:

567          proc genmod data=ADJUST;
568          CLASS RID   &X AGECAT4 BCSEASON BCBFEXCL BCGBCONI BCCROWD;
569          model &Y/days= &X AGECAT4 BCSEASON BCBFEXCL BCGBCONI BCCROWD /
dist=poisson
570          link=log;
571          REPEATED SUBJECT=RID/type=exch;
572          run;

WARNING: The binomial response distribution is usually appropriate for a
ratio response variable.
NOTE: Non-integer response values have been detected for the POISSON
distribution.
NOTE:  The scale parameter was held fixed.
ERROR: Error in computing the variance function.
NOTE: No convergence of GEE parameter estimates after 2 iterations.
NOTE: The scale parameter for GEE estimation was computed as the square root
of the normalized Pearson's chi-square.
NOTE: The PROCEDURE GENMOD used 41.13 seconds.

Can any one help me and explain the source of error and how i correct it.
Wait to hear from you.
Have a nice day.

Khaled El_Sayed Hassan, M.Phil
Demographer & Data Analyst
US Naval Medical Research Center No. 3 (NAMRU3)
Enteric disease Department
Advanced Study Unit
Tel:         (202) 684-1375/6 Ext. 54
               (202) 310-1082 (Home)