David,

A conference on implementing the Transcript was held at Universities UK last
November.

The consultation document summarised the policy context and looked at some
of the practical issues that arise.  It is available from
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/pdp/NEWMAP.HTM (Case sensitive) under the second item
down "Implementing the Transcript; Toward Professional and Technical
Solutions."

The full Guidelines on Implementing HE Progress Files (in which the
transcript is one element) published by Universities UK is also available
from this site.

It is quite clear that these are Guidelines and recommendations at this
stage, although this might change in future.  The function of the conference
was to allow the HE community to debate some of the issues which
implementation raises so that we can draw them to the attention of
Universities UK SCoP and other representative bodies.

A Questionnaire on some of the issues coming out of the conference will
shortly be circulated. I will post details to this mailbase so that
colleagues can engage with this if you wish.

Peter
Peter Rees Jones
University of Leeds
Quality Management and Enhancement Office
0113 233 3975  (office)
07762 262967   (mobile)