Dear Colleagues

It is the policy at JMU to issue certificates in the legally registered name
of a student at the time of conferment.  We have had a growing number of
approaches from former students who have changed their name since completing
and are requesting a replacement certificate in the new name.

I should be grateful if you would inform me of the policy/practice in your
institution.
Do you issue certificates with retrospective name changes?
If your policy is not to issue amended certificates, is there provision to
waive the rules and in what circumstances would you do this, what supporting
documentary evidence would you require?

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Margaret Rudkin
Process Manager (Assessment)