Dear colleagues,

I am drafting a report for the sponsors ( including the
DfES)  on the first year of this project and would be very
grateful for any feedback you could offer on the scheme
such as what went well in your HEI and what has proved more
challenging.

More specifically, is the Hardship Fund guidance on the
Foyer bursary sufficient or could it usefully be expanded?
Did all the Foyer students who could have applied for the
bursary eventually apply?

Would you welcome earlier notification of your UF and CF
applicants if this is possible? Would you find it helpful
to have a list of the names of the Foyers so you could see
earlier if someone from that address had applied to your
HEI? Is the letter of application for a bursary sufficient
for your purposes of awarding the bursary or do you need
something more detailed?

Have you included reference to the Foyer bursary in any of
your informational material for students?

Have there been any issues for students on franchised
courses in accessing he bursary?

On the mentor front, could you let me know if your HEI did
manage to find mentors for the Foyer students? I know some
did but think the provision across the UK is probably
patchy.

Any other feedback that could help streamline the scheme
will be most welcome. Replies by the 25th November if
possible.

Eira

--

Eira Makepeace