Dear fellow admin-student list members

> As you are all aware, Jim Whitaker who was the leading list owner for the
> admin-student list retired last month from the University of Birmingham.
> This means that there is now only one list owner - me.

As there are occasions when speedy action is required of  a list owner it is
therefore better that there are two list-owners, especially of a large list
such as this one, to ensure that someone is usually available to take such
action, and to provide cover during periods of leave.

Being a list-owner is not an arduous task and does not involve much time -
barely a quarter of an hour a week if that. As there are now 905 members of
this list I hope that  some one somewhere will feel able to volunteer their
services. JISC provides regular  training courses for list-owners if you
feel that acquiring some "formal"  training is a  condition of your
involvement.

If you would like to know more about what being a list owner involves before
you commit yourself then  please email me direct ([log in to unmask])
or ring me at 01908 654847 to discuss it further.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who is interested.